At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Saint Louis. Whether that’s through our individual business practices or making energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on specific climates. The options below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Consult your Saint Louis Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommendations for the Saint Louis region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to provide extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Saint Louis Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.